Published on August 23rd, 2010 | by liorlevin8
Seven Sites for Buying Organic Clothes
It’s really easy to get caught up in going green and saving the environment in respect to the big steps like purchasing energy efficient appliances* or hybrid cars. Often though we tend to forget about the little things (or at least I do). I have discovered, though, that by purchasing clothes made from organic materials that I can really do my share as a friend to the earth, as well as enhance my overall health. Every little step or action that we take to make this world a safer and better place to live in is well worth the effort. After all when you think about it we are investing in our family’s future.
For those that have never thought or tried organic clothing here are some great sites that I came across and really liked. Hope you do too.
Buy Organic Clothes Online: Seven Sites with Lots of Choices
- Maggie’s Organics: There are lots of benefits to what this site has to offer. Not only is there a great selection of organic clothing at reasonable prices, but they support Fair Trade as well. Anything that you are going to purchase here in their organic line is certified according to Organic Trade Association standards.
- The Green Loop: A great place for not only buying organic clothing but, also for buying clothes with some great blurbs and sayings to get your message out about saving the environment. There is something for everyone here… from the athlete to the cat lover.
- Fashion & Earth: Don’t think for one minute that just because you are opting for eco friendly clothing that you won’t be in style. You are going to find some fantastic choices here and a good selection. Plus they have some great accessories… again, all eco friendly. This site also features Fair Trade items.
- Jonäno: I love the motto used by this site — “Look good, Feel good, Do good” — because it really does say it all about organic clothing. Something important to keep in mind with organic clothing is not only is it good for the environment but is good for your overall health as well. Just think of not being exposed to all those chemicals which are commonly found in standard clothing.
- Natural Clothing Company: A great place to shop, if you like the thought of wearing material that has not been exposed to pesticides and insecticides. There is also a great selection of natural materials such as hemp, bamboo and organic cotton. Again you are sure to find the prices most reasonable, especially for all the benefits you will be gaining.
- Frugi: Of course, our little ones health is important and if we are going to give them the best in clothing, then it has to be organic. This is a great shop for all of your kid’s clothing with a good selection and great styles. Another added bonus about organic clothing is that it is tough and will stand up to what your youngsters are bound to subject it to.
- ecomilk by Milk: Nothing is more important than giving our little ones a good head start in life. By wearing eco friendly clothing when nursing you are taking the extra protection of saving the little one from being exposed to potentially harmful chemicals and fumes. Just think about how close they are to the clothing you wear when you are breast feeding. It is a great comfort in knowing that they can obtain their nourishment in a safe manner.
Got a favorite online store for buying organic fashion…? Let us know about it…
Image credit: burningkarma at Flickr under a Creative Commons license