Published on February 18th, 2016 | by Jeff McIntire-Strasburg1
Top Waste Management Jobs For The Week Of February 14, 2016
Ready to get to work? We’ve got a bumper crop of waste management jobs this week from our friends at Green Job Post. We’ve got a couple listed below for you, but head over there to see the full range of opportunities available in this exciting field. Just choose “Waste Management” from the “Categories” menu at the top of the page.
If you need a reminder to check in each week, we can do that. Just sign up for email notifications of our weekly posts.
Company: Recycle USA
Recycle USA, Inc. is a strong and successful family owned business. The office/scale clerk is a customer-service oriented position that will work under general/limited supervision, greeting customers, answering phones, learning and working the scales, miscellaneous interoffice duties, closing out (paying) customer transactions. This is a fast paced, fulltime position based in Pinson, AL. Weekend work will be required.
- One year Cash handling experience; possess the ability to balance a cash drawer.
- Ability to perform tasks independently without direct supervision, after training.
- Strong work ethics with a commitment to quality.
- Willingness to learn the scrap metal industry.
- Hard worker with great attitude.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Customer service, multi-tasking and computer skills, required.
- Computer literate; ability to learn industry software quickly, utilize MS Office products, and type at least 35 wpm.
- Financial institution, and/or office experience preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus.
- Must be outgoing, a team player, dependable punctual and be at least 21 years or age.
- Must be willing to submit to background, DMV screen and drug screen.
Company: Thermostat Recycling Corporation
Thermostat Recycling Corporation (TRC), a national program headquartered in Alexandria, VA, is seeking candidates for the position of Project Manager – Compliance Program. The project manager will be responsible for managing the TRC’s California compliance project.
- Bachelor’s degree; with a PMP certification preferred.
- Previous experience working with both regulatory departments and non-governmental organizations.
- Ability to travel to California as needed up to 75% of time.
- Residency within Pacific Time Zone preferred.
- Excellent cross-business unit communication skills with an expertise in influence and negotiation.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills including a professional aptitude in understanding, organizing, and presenting data.
- Virtual and remote team management including the ability work from home.
Photo credit: Shutterstock