Top Waste Management Jobs For The Week Of January 24, 2016
Still on the job hunt? The waste management sector doesn’t just have a wide range of opportunities; it’s also an industry that isn’t going anywhere. We all use stuff up and have to dispose of it, and the waste space can make sure that we’re making the best use of that material.
Once again, we’re seeing a number of new jobs in the Waste Management section over at Green Job Post. We’ve shared a couple below; you’ll find the rest here. And if you’d like a weekly reminder of fresh jobs in this space, just sign up for our email blast.
Company: Progressive Waste Solutions
This position reports to the Landfill Gas Manager. Under general supervision, the Wellfield Technician is responsible for monitoring, operating and maintaining the landfill gas/leachate collection systems on a daily basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- 2 years of wellfield experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely operate an all terrain vehicle and follow safe operating practices.
- Aptitude to work outdoors under seasonal conditions.
- Should be familiar with Microsoft Office; proficiency in MS Excel preferred.
- Exhibit good written and oral communication skills.
Company: Waste Management
This senior level manager is responsible for managing special projects within Waste Management for environmental remediation, construction of onsite landfill at electric utility plants. This position is ensures all projects meet or exceed annual objectives including safety, compliance, schedules, financials and successfully implement organizational initiatives.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten years of relevant work experience in managing large environmental remediation projects from strategy development to implementation. Experience in negotiation with regulatory and environmental agencies is required.
- Experience working with coal combustion residuals, including management of landfills and monofills, dewatering of impoundments, excavation of impoundments & landfills and capping of impoundments (in addition to education requirement).
Photo credit: Shutterstock