Top Waste Management Jobs For The Week Of February 7, 2016
While we tend to focus on the cutting-edge aspects of waste management here at sustainablog, this is a business sector that needs workers from all levels of education and experience. So, you’ll definitely need a college degree for a number of the listings currently available at Green Job Post, other require only a willingness to work hard and some other basic skills. If you’re open to learning a new skill, there are opportunities in this space.
Want to get regular updates on new waste management job listings? Sign up for our email notifications.
Company: Rumpke Waste & Recycling
The recycling driver trainee position is a physically demanding job. Drivers and Trainees are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of acceptable recycling materials to a recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash or recycling receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-500 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 600-1000 times per day. Recycling employees are exposed to extreme weather conditions. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid operator’s license.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain one, within 7 days.
- Must not have any DUI’s or OVI’s within the last 5 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- General knowledge of the tristate and highway systems a plus.
Photo credit: Shutterstock