Still thinking about whether you’d like to pledge a donation to sustainablog’s Pedal-a-Watt Powered Blogathon to support residential outreach and education infrastructure at the Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage? Here are some good reasons to offer your support to this sustainable community.
- Your pledge will likely be doubled: We’ve got $5000 in matching funds available — we at sustainablog are pledging $2500 of our initial revenue, and others have pledged another $2500. So, it’s likely that any pledge you make will be worth twice as much.
- You could get a gift out of it: The folks who publish the compost making guide “World’s Best Compost” will give away copies to anyone who donates $50 (before matching funds) to Dancing Rabbit during the blogathon. This ebook normally sells for $34.77.
- You’ll support low-impact lifestyles: The folks at DR have learned to live in a manner that reduces their environmental impact by 80% compared to the average American.
- You’ll contribute to educating people on self-sufficiency: DR regularly provides educational opportunities on topics related to generating renewable power, growing and preserving food, building with natural materials, and harvesting rainwater. All of these events provide information and ideas for living more independently, with a lower environmental footprint.
- You’ll help spread the word about how to create more livable communities: Other workshops at DR focus on building healthy, happy, thriving local communities. Topics include alternative currencies, consensus decision making, and ecological design and village planning.
Need more reasons? Check out Dancing Rabbit’s commitment to social change through education. And when you’re ready, head over to the donation page to make your contribution. We’d love to know about your plan to donate, so if you’re comfortable, add your pledge to our Blogathon FAQ comments.
Image credit: Dancing Rabbit