I’m getting my things together in order to make an early start for Dancing Rabbit tomorrow… want to get checked in to the Milkweed Mercantile, and then get a nap in, before firing up the laptop at 4 to start the blogathon. All of us on this end are really excited… this should be a great time.
We hope you’ll be joining us, of course, and we hope you’ll be joining in the discussion. It ought to be lively… and, of course, contributing a comment enters you in a drawing for a number of prizes we’ve got lined up. I’m really grateful to the following companies and solopreneurs for helping us out with the blogathon with a prize donation:
- Becky Stiepe will be blogging with us from her blog at Glue & Glitter; she’s also offered one of her hand-made cup gloves to a lucky winner. If your name gets chosen for this prize, you’ll get to pick which one you want… and she’s got some beauties. Make sure to visit, and check out the lunch kits and “cupcaprons” also…
- The folks at Eco-Libris are also multiple contributors: they’ll be blogging, and they’ve offered ten of their book offsets to one lucky winner. Eco-Libris plants trees to offset our book-buying habits; the winner will get ten of their stickers that show that books have been “balanced out.”
- Alison Kerr is our third blogger/prize contributor. She’ll be posting at Loving Nature’s Garden, her blog about nature, gardening and sustainability, and giving three children’s books to one winner from her store Great Fun Books.
- I just got the package in the mail today from our friends at Guayaki Yerba Mate, and they went all out with a prize package that contains numerous beverage samples, t-shirts, and a wreath gourd gift pack. I tried some yerba mate the last time I was up at Dancing Rabbit… tasty, and definitely wakes you up!
- Laundry Tree has offered a starter pack of its Soap Nuts, which are actually the fruit of a tree found primarily in the Himalayas. Turns out this is the one fruit you want to get on your clothes (at least in the washing machine)… and they’re organic, biodegradable, and even low-sudsing.
- One of our blog contributors, Mike Lieberman, introduced me to the kind folks at Spirit Voyage, a company that specializes in the recording and sale of sacred chant music. They’re giving away an MP3 copy of Liberation’s Door, an album by one of their most popular artist, Snatam Kaur.
- And, finally, the folks at eco-friendly fashion retailer The Green Loop have told me a package is on the way… but kept the contents a surprise. It’ll definitely be in style, whatever it is… If you’re into green fashion, they’ve got a big sale going on, so check it out.
We’re so grateful for these prize contributions… and wish you the best luck in the drawing. Just leave a comment (a legitimate one… we will delete anything that smells of spam), and you’re entered.
Of course, we’re still taking pledges for donations… show your support for the folks at Dancing Rabbit!