As more and more researchers and entrepreneurs find new ways to reduce, reuse, or recycle our waste streams, and as more and more consumers demand products made from reused and recycled materials, new jobs are appearing to meet these needs. Want to land one? Sure, you could go to the big players in the employment space to find them… or you could go to a site specifically tailored to green jobs and more sustainable ways of doing business.
We’re in the process of building just such a site here at Important Media. As you might imagine, we’d love for every job to be a green job… but until we get there, we’d like to highlight the technologies, industries, and business models creating a more sustainable economy. Take a listen to our CEO Scott Cooney’s vision for the site:
Sound inspiring? Want to help? Consider kicking in a few bucks to our Indiegogo campaign. We’re about halfway there on our fundraising, but only have 9 more days to raise that last thousand dollars. If you’d like to be a part of the web’s best green jobs portal, you can:
- Donate: Only got a few bucks to share? No problem – we’re happy for whatever you can contribute. For a mere $5, we’ll include your name on a “wall” on the site.
- Buy: Interested in the book or game Scott mentions in the video? You can buy them through this campaign, and help us reach our funding goal.
- Promote yourself: Or, if you’re a business owner that wants to get in on the ground floor, you can purchase standard web advertising or advertorials.
Or, if you’d like, you can help us promote the campaign through your own social media networks:
- Help farmers, chefs, producers and food writers find jobs! We’re supporting the world’s best #greenjobs site: http://bit.ly/1C8G80s
- Help farmers, chefs, producers and recyclers find jobs! We’re supporting the world’s best #greenjobs site: http://bit.ly/1C8G80s
- Until every job is a #greenjob, @importantmedia is building a new green jobs resource. Click here to learn more: http://bit.ly/1C8G80s
- Want to help farmers, chefs, producers and food writers find good jobs? We do too! We’re supporting the IndieGoGo campaign to create the world’s best green jobs site: http://bit.ly/1C8G80s
- Support entrepreneurs, clean tech start-ups, and recycling jobs with a cool new green jobs resource. Help connect green workers with sustainable jobs: click here to crowd-fund the new site:http://bit.ly/1C8G80s
Finally, if you have ideas for what you’d like to see on such a site, we’ve got a survey available for you to share your thoughts.
Green jobs rock – nothing better than making a living and making a difference.
Photo credit: Shutterstock