For over a year now, we’ve focused sustainablog’s content on waste issues: the reduction, reuse, recycling, and repair of useful materials that often end up in landfills, or polluting other resources (or both!). As this field is growing, we’ve partnered with sister site Green Job Post to bring you regular updates on some of the waste management jobs we’re seeing posted on the site. If you don’t want to have to remember to come back here each Tuesday for your update on these jobs, just subscribe to the email newsletter they’ve created for waste management job listings.
Editor’s Picks: This Week’s Top Waste Management Jobs
Company: Vail Resorts
The Recycling Coordinator position will assist in coordinating the Keystone Mountain recycling program. The job duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directly assisting in the collection and sorting of recyclable and compostable waste at the resort
- Performs more complex/skilled tasks associated with environmental programs, with a primary focus on recycling collection
- Safely operates recycling truck to provide prompt pick-up of daily route as well as requested stops.
- Maintains cleanliness of collection sites.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
- Assisting other departments with waste removal in all base areas.
- Operating vehicles in tight areas such as loading areas, parking lots, garages etc.
- Monitoring guest facing recycling receptacles and providing recycling service for special events.
- Clearly and effectively communicating and/or explaining recycling program to guests and employees on a regular basis.
- Independently working and prioritizing responsibilities toward a common goal.
- Providing exceptional internal and external customer service.
- Balanced environmental passion—required
- Attention to detail—required
- Previous experience in an environmental related field—preferred
- Experience with MSOffice suite—preferred
- Commercial Driver’s License—preferred.
Company: International Paper
This position has overall responsibility for managing the safe and profitable operation of a recycling plant. This position reports to the Zone General Manager and is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing direction to plant leadership, Recycling Reps and plant employees.
The Plant General Manager position will be located at our Carrollton, TX Recycling Plant.
- Proven commitment to safety and safety processes
- High ethical standards
- Commercial sales experience
- Management experience; ability to influence and lead all levels of an organization
- Ability to evaluate and develop employees at all levels
- Ability to utilize workflow and process reliability to implement process improvements
- Manages, updates and secures new contracts for OCL, recycle and state/federal customers.
- Develops and markets new services (recycle). Improves penetration of existing services (toters, compactors, sweepers, drop box).
- Prepares and delivers speeches and presentations within the community and for customers.
- Develops literature and brochures promoting the company and its services. Maintains and orders certificates of insurance as needed.
- Completes waste audits for customers.
- Surveys routes to verify rates, services and efficiencies (size, frequency, quantity).
- Attends and becomes active in local community organizations (Rotary, Chambers).
- Educates existing and new customers on various recycling and waste issues (contaminants, AB939, HHW).
- Coordinates recycling programs with local jurisdictions.
- Creates and maintains a file system for customer information.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Six months of related experience in resource recovery (e.g., waste disposal, recycling).
- Valid Class “C” driver’s license.
- Ability to speak, read and write in Mandarin or Cantonese preferred.
Looking for something else? Check out other waste management job listings at Green Job Post.
Photo credit: Shutterstock