Published on February 4th, 2016 | by Jeff McIntire-Strasburg0
Top Waste Management Jobs For The Week Of January 31, 2016
The groundhog did his thing this week: turns out we’re due for an early Spring. Maybe that pleasant weather will bring with it a new job for you in the waste management space. If that’s what you’re looking for, here are some of the latest listings over at sister site Green Job Post.
Want to keep up with our weekly job listings of waste management jobs without coming back here to check? Subscribe to our email notifications.
Company: Recology Cleanscapes
- Provides short-term and long-term planning, direction and oversight to large operating subsidiaries; manages finances and new business opportunities. Responsible for the achievement of short-term and long-term financial and operational objectives for the division.
- Ensures companies are focused on business retention through profitable contract and franchise renewals.
- Acquires, aligns and prioritizes resources and operational plans to support team and company objectives; manage staff, responsibilities and priorities in a fast paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment; guides changes for improved use of physical and economic resources.
- Ensures companies provide ongoing quality customer service and maintain positive relationships with existing customer base, including but not limited to local agencies, city councils, etc.
- Pursues new business development opportunities that will enable the company to grow and enhance profitability.
- Ability to promote the WASTE ZERO philosophy by making the best and highest use of all resources as well as finding ways to use and repurpose discarded materials in ways that benefit the environment.
- Develop strategies to effectively manage current and future challenges and opportunities; develop recommendations and actionable plans.
- Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions; generate innovative ideas to develop or improve existing systems.
- Demonstrate ability to use computers and technology capabilities.
- Demonstrate strong proficiency and knowledge in area(s) of expertise as well as company business and proficiency in strategic and financial processes.
- Communicate well both verbally and in writing; listen to and understand various viewpoints; share relevant information timely; provide constructive feedback; maintain professionalism.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Entry-Level Environmental Scientist for immediate employment primarily to support environmental assessment and restoration services including: soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water, and groundwater sampling, and coordination at various U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) and privately owned industrial/manufacturing project sites throughout the Southeastern US. AECOM is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The position has a great potential for career growth. The candidate’s home office will be Charleston, SC.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Geology or equivalent
- Must be able to secure and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Must possess a valid driving license Must be able to meet the medical clearance requirements of an OSHA (HAZWOPER) medical surveillance physical examination and company drug screening
- Must be able to complete 40 hour HAZWOPER training and/or annual 8 hour refresher class, if needed
- Will receive First Aid/CPR training and AECOM specific training
- Proficient technical writing skills and ability to effectively express his or herself orally in project reviews conducted among internal staff
- Must have strong analytical skills, be organized, be a team player, be a critical thinker, be a problem-solver and be self-motivated Must have a willingness to travel for extended periods up to several weeks.
- Estimated office/field time: 15% / 85%
- Must be able to acquire and maintain an AECOM corporate travel credit card.
Photo credit: Shutterstock