Earth Day Round-Up (the Non-Toxic Kind)
Even after doing this for years, I still get a little flustered with the requisite Earth Day post. No, it’s not a matter of saying “Screw Earth Day” (though I get that…); rather, it’s a recognition that there’s so much content out there that I’m unsure what I can add. So, rather than taking a feeble stab at something, I’ll make my contribution by sharing some of the good stuff I’ve seen around the web and blogosphere today.
- Green Living Ideas points to a couple of new films that may be worth checking out: Disney’s Earth, and A Sea Change.
- Cleantechnica profiles a family that’s tweeting its energy use today. Triplepundit covers this one, also.
- Speaking of “Screw Earth Day,” Grist wishes all a “Happy F’ing Earth Day!”
- Yahoo! Green has the run-down on all of the Earth Day deals.
- Max Gladwell reports on carbon and gas tax discussions from the first day of the Fortune Green Brainstorm conference.
- The Daily Green takes a look at a new “green bank,” e3bank.
- Twilight Earth muses on the value of Earth Day.
- The White House released a video of “green jobs czar” Van Jones profiling green job opportunities.
- MNN explores the practice of “worm grunting.”
- And, finally, I ask “How Eco-Savvy are You?” at Intent.com
No doubt I’ve missed a ton of good content — what have seen today that you liked?