While many environmental sectors require fairly specific backgrounds, education levels, or skill sets, the waste management industry has positions available for just about anyone. Want to drive a recycling truck? That’s possible. What about sell waste management services? You could do that. Run a recycling center? That’s a job, too.
As we progress into 2016, the waste management jobs are stacking up over at Green Job Post. Take a look at the couple we’re profiled below, and then head on over to see what else is available. And if you need a reminder to check back, we’ve got that covered, too…
Assistant General Manager, Recycling
WestRock has an opportunity for an Assistant General Manager at our recycle facility in Knoxville, TN. WestRock Knoxville Recycle is a paper and plastic recycling facility committed to creating and increasing the WestRock Recycling presence in Knoxville and the surrounding areas.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- MBA a plus
- Motivated to learn and grow in the industry
- Experience in the waste industry a plus (recycle, document destruction, waste hauling)
- 3+ years of work experience required
- Leadership experience a plus
- Supervisory experience a must.
Inside Sales Associate
Company: RoadRunner Recycling
Inside Sales Associates have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about making a difference. This will be exciting role where you will be directly responsible for pitching and engaging customers over the phone to directly add to RoadRunner’s revenue. Base salary is competitive and commission is uncapped.
- Inside Sales Associates will be based out of our main office in New York City or may be located in our field offices in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Washington DC, and soon Boston.
- Prospect, identify, and engage key decision makers in assigned launch city over the phone
- Meet and exceed weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales targets
- Work closely with your Outside Sales Associate teammate to schedule weekly meetings and keep the pipeline fresh with leads
- Consistently thinking outside the box to improve our sales process.
Photo credit: Shutterstock